Saturday, May 07, 2011

I turned 36 the other day

My birthday began with a harried morning as we headed off to the Salmon River Race. Once we got there we had a fantastic time hanging out with family and friends. Afterwards we headed home to shower and then I took the boys out to see Thor. It was a great film and the first 3D movie Nathaniel was able to watch while keeping the glasses on. He was quite impressed with the effects.
When we returned from the movies Meme and Pop Pop were over and we had a fantastic birthday party. My first present was a grill which was a good idea since Robyn had invited everyone over for a barbecue and my old grill was now at the junk yard.
Looks Sharp. I also found some new grill utensils and an apron inside the grill. :)
The Boys helped with Shucking the corn
A fishing pole! (We plan to do a lot of fishing this year)



New Shirts! Love the style. I always get complimented at work on the shirts I wear. I can't take any credit as I haven't bought a shirt in over a decade. :)

Nathaniel was there to help me with every present

From the GRR (Glastonbury Road Race) Great frame make the picture really pop which was needed for that race day. It poured for the entire run. You can see Robyn holding the umbrella.

This was my birthday cake! Very creative and a fantastic use of perspective. If you look at the third guy in the back it looks like he is coming up the hill. This felt particularly fitting after enduring the Salmon River race. (The first 4 miles were completely up hill) Also the guy in front has the number 36. :)

Another shot of the cake
Afterwards it was ice cream and cake from everyone. After the party Travis, Abe and Marion stopped by and we hung out for the night. Travis has a new toy. (The iPad 2) Looks like a great device and is pretty addictive. I did try some of the birthday gift Dan got me.


...Oh and now I am older. :)




No comments: