Monday, June 04, 2007

Seans Wedding

I have returned from MI and Sean's wedding. It was a wonderful wedding up in Muskegon, MI. Kelly Corbin is now officially Kelly O'Connor. They have my Congratulations and best wishes for the next few hundred years. (They really do make a great couple.) Katie and Angela were the Brides Maids, Maya (Angie's Daughter) was the flower girl. (Maya is only 13 months so Jared pulled her down the aisle and she was adorable!) Tommy and I were the Groomsmen! Dan Rudd (Angie's Brother) was the pastor.

Dan gave a great ceremony, short and to the point in the 90 degree church. During the rehearsal he was funny and very personable. He was one of the most charismatic people I have ever met who also believed in god. Dan also had a very nice camera with tripod that he used to tape the ceremony, wireless headset etc etc. He was connected. He was the perfect choice for the ceremony. If Robyn and I ever officially tie the knot I may track him down and fly him out to CT to perform the ceremony.

There is a LOT more to tell. Karaoke nights, they all went out partying a few nights, I hung out with Rich Cianci and Sean's parents for a while. It was really a good time. The Best Man Tommy and the Bride's Maid Katie both had incredible speeches for the toast. (Katie forgot to bring a glass but Angie's Husband was looking out for her) The depth of emotion at the reception was really quite moving and I was happy to see Sean and Kelly make it official and even more pleased with how happy and sincere they both were. I was honored to be invited and to be there.

After the festivities Travis and I drove back to CT at 45 mpg with his Prius. On the way back we stopped at Niagra's. Here's some pictures.


Sean and Kelly


The bride and groom again!


The Bridal Party's Table


A very AWWWW Shucks moment of Tommy. (Sean's lil bro)

The Best Man!

Sean's Sister

Sean's Parents

The Best Man again.


Muskegon Bay

The Fake Drive Away

Sean and his socks.

The Bride's Dad

Katie and Angela

Dan Rudd (The pastor)

The Bridal Party

That's Me.

Sean and Kelly

Travis at Niagra's

It was so dark we could only see about 10% of Niagra's

More Niagra's

Thats where we got Ryan's Coin!

5 comments:

Ang said...

How sweet! what a very thoughtful and thorough retelling of our weekend....a very happy occasion.
Your house is beautiful! As are your children and wife.
Glad to have met you..to know that Kelly is loved and in good company in CT.

-Ang

Sean said...

Thank you Shawn for posting about the wedding. I was so happy you were able to come and be a part of everything. I know how much Sean values your friendship and how happy he was you were there. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Anonymous said...

Not the best angle on my face! :)

What a wonderful Blog! Kelly and Sean's wedding was indeed beautiful and you truly captured the magic with your words and Photography Skills...especially that picture of Tommy...that was right on!
Sean is so blessed to have such wonderful friends, You and Travis, who drove through hundreds of miles of stormy weather and rough terrain tackling Lions and Tigers and...ah...what's the other one?? Oh yes, Bears!!!, OH MY!!!
And as I was saying...You did all of this to be there, with Sean and Kelly, and witness their special day. Sean couldn't ask for better, or more caring and supportive friends.

I know this because I'm his sister and most sisters don't know everything...But I do!! Ha, Ha... a matter of fact...I now know the square root of 0. Yes, it's...ah, well, I'll tell ya another time...don't want to spoil the suspense

Anonymous said...

TO SEAN AND KELLY -

KELLY - WHAT A BEAUTIFUL BRIDE!
SEAN - SUCH A HANDSOME GROOM!

You both make such a beautiful couple! Thank you for sharing your wedding pics online!

Both of your parents must be so proud of both of you! We cannot wait to see both of you in CT and celebrate your marriage!

HERE'S TO the NEWEST Mr. & Mrs. O'Connor!!

LOVE AND CONGRATS!!
M & R and FAMILY

Shawn said...

Thanks all!

I had a wonderful time up in MI. It reminded me of my childhood and teen years.

Everyone was great!