Saturday, June 09, 2007

New house Walk Thru

Well the house is done. You can now see the finished porch, some rudimentary landscaping and our stepping stones. You will note that there is no number yet nor a mail box but we can take care of that.



The house looks great. We noted some items with Joe and he's going take care of everything for us. (We espicially want a water hookup for our refrigerator.) Projects I have planned for this summer are:
  • Moving In (Done, Thanks Everyone)
  • Hooking up a water softener/purifier. (Done)
  • Installing a Mailbox (Done)
  • House Numbers (Done)
  • Outdoor Thermometers (Done)
  • Installing TWO garage door openers (Done)
  • Installing a dog door (May not want to this anymore)
  • Building a deck (Done)
  • Paving the driveway (Done)
  • Invisible Fence for doggies. (Done)
  • Dog Room in Basement (May not want to this anymore)
  • Garden (Done)
  • Extensive Camera System. (In progress)
Really I KNOW I'm not even going to be able to afford all these things this year let alone do them all. Anyways, heres some pictures of the house. You can all see it if you help me move or at the house warming party.



The Conservatory.
The Fireplace works and throws more heat then I would have expected. I almost wonder if I shouldn't have gone with just a LCD fireplace considering I have central air. But it is nice and you can keep the house cooler and spot heat either the conservatory or the family room where we will be spending much our time anyways.

Exterior collage of the finished product


Interior Collage


The dining room


Kitchen

Master Walk In Closet


Family Room, The television will go above the Fireplace. I have to figure out where to put the Wii and the DVD player still...

\
The Living Room


Eat-In Kitchen (Its bright in there!)


Some of our bushes outside the front porch.


Our sky lights in the Eat-in Kitchen


Our backyard with little grass growing


The Fireplace works!


Our Garage

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shawn, it is beautiful!! Your list was the same as mine, the garage door openers, paved driveway, mailbox, all good stuff.

We got our water softener from Kinetico, Waterflo, I bypass the discharge so it doesn't go into the septic. You may want to wait to hook up the refrigerator until you get your softener, do you have a sediment filter?

Let me know when you have time to come by for a visit. 537-9993

I got this pretty cool thing for the mailbox a big metal spike that I drove into the ground and didn't have to dig a hole, it is rugged, and easy, I have a big sledge hammer if you want to borrow it or any thing else I might have of use to you.

Congratulations on the house and on Nathanial, how is he doing?

Shawn said...

Nathaniel is doing fantastic. I'm interesting in this Spike thing you got especially if its rugged.

I have to stop by the post office to make sure I put the mailbox in the right spot, two of my neighbors installed theirs and then had to move them.

Once we move we should have plenty of time to do lots of stuff. (Moving should be this coming saturday but we may bump it a week depending on certain items.)

Thanks for stopping by!

Sean said...

Looks good, we'll see ya this Saturday for the move in