Thursday, July 05, 2007

We have Turkeys!!

I haven't been able to get a clear picture of these guys yet but heres two pictures I did get while driving by. There is atleast 3 turkeys running about and probably a lot more.

We also have some very brave deer that stood about 25 feet from me AND my two dogs. My dogs who are normally loud and obnoxious put their tail between their legs and hid behind me. We see deer maybe 2-3 nights a week and they come right into our backyard and almost to our driveway.

Lately though they've been sticking to the border of my yard. I may be frightening them so I'll have to start feeding them! They make a crazy sound when they see you which sounds like a snorting cough.



Things are still going well at the new place. We had a problem with our water softening unit that left a swimming pool downstairs and it is now slowly disappearing. Our washer and dryer now work so we can do laundry again! The guest room is squared away for the most part it just needs to be cleaned and we went to stamford to pick up a sectional couch from Madeline and Alan so we now have a place to sit in our family room!

The house is still in shambles and we are working on it constantly while attending to Nathaniel, Ryan, the dogs and the cats. The fish doesn't seem to be eating much these days but we are still trying to feed him. We have had him for a few years though and betta's only usually live 2-3 years in a fish bowl. One thing I never knew about bettas is that they can breathe both air and water and surface to breathe air occasionally. How strange.

Nathaniel is doing great, I built his crib and he sleeps quite well in his own room. He likes to watch mobiles and fans and the spinning effect lulls him to sleep. Ryan is loving the new house but spends a lot of time on the computer and not much time outdoors these days but he did help me build the kennel for the doggies. (He also helped with the crib and he built a shelf for a television in the family room, he even painted it and drilled the holes!) The dogs love their new space and we let Jill run free quite a bit. Jack is a bit of a problem and is always trying to run away but he eventually comes back. I think once we have an invisible fence he will be a lot better off.

Anyways more updates soon.

No comments: